10/07/2014

CAN WE AUTO-CORRECT HUMANITY?




Dagens visdomsord...

Did you know the average person spends 4 years of his life looking down at his cell phone?

Kind of ironic, ain't it?


How these touch-screens can make us lose touch
. But it's no wonder in a world filled with 
iMac’s, iPads and iPhones
. So many "i"’s, so many selfies, not enough "us"'s and "we"’s
. See Technology has made us more selfish and separate than ever
. Cause while it claims to connect us, connection has gotten no better
. And let me must express first
...Mr Zuckerberg, not to be rude but you should re-classify Facebook to what it is:
 An anti-social network. 
Cause while we may have big friend lists
. So many of us are friendless, all alone
. Cause friendships and more broken than the screens on our very phones
. We sit at home on our computers measuring self worth by numbers of followers and Likes
. Ignoring those who actually love us
. It seems we’d rather write an angry post 
than talk to someone who might actually hug us
. Am I bugging? You tell me...


I asked a friend the other day lets meet up face to face
. He said alright, what time you wanna Skype? 
I responded with omg, srs, and then a bunch of smh's
. And realized what about me?
 Do I not have the patience to have conversation without abbreviation?
 This is the generation of media over stimulation.
Chats have been reduced to snaps
. The news is 140 characters
. Videos are 6 seconds at high speed
A¨
and you wonder why ADD is on the rise faster than 4G LTE
. But, get a load of this
. Studies show the attention span of the average adult today 
is one second lower than that of a gold fish

. So if, you're one of the few people or aquatic animals that have yet to click off or close this video, congratulations
. 

Let me finish by saying you do have a choice, yes. 
But this one my friends we cannot Auto-Correct - we must do it ourselves. 
Take control or be controlled, make a decision.
 Me? 
No longer do I want to spoil a precious moment by recording it with a phone
. I'm just gonna keep them
. I don’t wanna take a picture of all my meals anymore - I 'm just gonna eat them. 
I don't want the new app, the new software, or the new update. 
And If I wanna post an old photo of myself who says I have to wait until Thursday. 
I'm so tired of performing in the pageantry of vanity. 
And conforming to this accepted form of digital insanity
. Call me crazy but, I imagine a world where we smile when we have low batteries. 
Cause that will mean we'll be one bar closer - to humanity.


/Richard Williams 'Prince Ea'

Produced by: DJsNeverEndingStory

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar